SnapRAID is a backup program for disk arrays. It stores parity
information of your data and it recovers from up to six disk
SnapRAID is mainly targeted for a home media center, where you
have a lot of big files that rarely change.
Beside the ability to recover from disk failures, the other
features of SnapRAID are:
* You can use disk already filled with files, without the need to
reformat them. You will access them like now.
* All your data is hashed to ensure data integrity and to avoid
* If the failed disks are too many to allow a recovery,
you lose the data only on the failed disks.
All the data in the other disks is safe.
* If you accidentally delete some files in a disk, you can
* The disks can have different sizes.
* You can add disks at any time.
* It doesn't lock-in your data. You can stop using SnapRAID at any
time without the need to reformat or move data.
* To access a file, only a single disk needs to spin, saving power and
producing less noise.
The official site of SnapRAID is: